We love fall at our house. I’ve decided it’s my favorite time of the year. There is always something fun and exciting to look forward to. I’ve seen so many people post fun fall bucket lists on Pinterest and Instagram this year with so many great ideas. Although all the activities look amazing, I know I’m limited with what activities I can do with two little ones and while being 4 months pregnant. There are some things that just aren’t practical for us this year. So I did my best to come up with 5 fun fall activities that we could all enjoy as a family.
1. Visit a pumpkin patch. I’ve decided Kuwahara Pumkin Patch in Draper, Utah is my favorite pumpkin patch in our city. It is so adorable! We went for the first time last year and loved it so much that we went back on opening day this year. They have pumpkins in every size and color. We let the kids roam and pick out the ones that looked fun. They had a great time!
2. Halloween pajamas. Jackson started asking about Halloween as soon as he started school this year. He is so excited! I purchased these darling pajamas for the kids this year and they have been wearing them since mid-September. At first London thought they were too “scary” but now she loves matching Jack. Giving my kids matching pajamas at Halloween and Christmas is one of my favorite family traditions!
3. Decorate for Halloween. Jack was soooooo excited to help me decorate this year. He asked me for weeks if we could get out our Halloween decorations. I finally gave in. Haha. He helped me get all the Halloween boxes out of the garage and get every single thing out of them. He then told me where he thought everything should go. It was so fun! It was the first time we did something like this together and we both had a great time. I may have rearranged a few things later that day when he wasn’t paying attention. Ha!
I bought all the darling felt pumpkins at Target this year. I found them in the dollar section. They were $3 each.
I found this darling wreath in the dollar section at Target. It was only $5! I spruced it up with some fun ribbon from Michaels.
4. Find one or two kid friendly activities. There are so many kid friendly places to visit in the fall and celebrate Halloween. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and the three places that my kids enjoy the most are Wheeler Farm, Cornbelly’s and Gardner Village. This year we took the kids to Cornbelly’s. We went on a Saturday morning and stayed for a few hours. It was so much fun! It completely wore the kids out because there are so many things to do. However I think their favorite things were the corn maze and “corn beach.”
5. Halloween books. I love buying a few books for each holiday to help get the kids excited for what’s coming up. This year I didn’t end up buying many because I had put away the halloween books from last year. When we got them out it was like they were brand new. Here are a few of our favorites!